- 200 gms egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1½ teacups mixed boiled vegetables (French beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp powdered roasted gram dal
- 2 large coconuts(make coconut milk from the flesh or use 600 ml of processed coconut milk)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For the paste :
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 12 red chillies
- 2.5 cm (1″) piece ginger
For garnishing :
- 100 gms sev
- 4 chopped spring onions with leaves
- ½ teacup chopped coriander
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 to 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sliced onions
- juice of 3 to 4 lemons
- salt and chillie powder to taste
- Boil the noodles and wash under running water.
- Prepare the paste by homogenizing the ingredients with a pestle and mortar or a kitchen homogeniser.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion until fragrant then add the paste and saute again until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and saute again for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, boiled vegetables, powder gram, dal and salt.
- Simmer the gravy for at least 20 minutes.
How to serve :
- Reheat the noodles in hot water.
- Drain and transfer to a large serving dish.
- Pour the gravy over the pasta and add the garnishes.
- Squeeze on some fresh lime juice, sprinkle with salt and chilli powder to taste.
- Ready to serve hot with preserved mustard greens.