Prickly Heat Skin Care:
Prickly heat is one skin problem that many face in summer. It occurs due to the blockage of sweat glands resulting in tiny blisters that are Itchy.
Remedy: Aloe-Vera : This medicinal plant is used for a lot of purposes. You can rub the aloe vera on the infected areas to get rid of prickly heat. It contains chamomile oil that give you a relief.
To soothe sunburned skin, heat a cup of regular oatmeal with one-half cup whole milk until cooked. Let cool and apply to burned skin. The oatmeal soothes and the milk acts as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead cells.
Excessive Body Sweating & Bad Odour:
Remedy: Mix two teaspoons of vinegar with two teaspoons of raw honey for better tasting. Take the formula three times a day on an empty stomach, half an hour before a meal or after each meal. You can expect to see results within a week.
Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar is also helpful to get rid of underarm odor. It will saturate your armpit’s sweat pores and thus creating a drying effect. You can simply soak some cotton ball in it and rub this on your underarms. You will be odor-free all day when the vinegar is dry.
What ayurveda recommends for the summer diet and lifestyle:
1. Stick to light food containing less fat, oil and spices as they take lesser time to digest.
2. Drink plenty of fluid in terms of water and fresh seasonal fruit juices to combat loss of fluid of the body through sweating.
3. Avoid caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee to avoid further dehydration.
4. Add black cumin powder in your food.
5. Include raw onion as a part of salad, as it helps to protect the body from high temperatures