|Thai Chicken Pizza||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 35 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serve this Thai twist on pizza as is or with optional toppings, such as thinly sliced basil, cilantro, chopped peanuts and/or crushed red pepper on the side.
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
- Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.