Recipe Type: Main
This ultimate desi chicken masala recipe is simple to cook and rich in flavour. The whole red chillies in the masala add a fiery touch to the gravy for those who love a dose of spices.
- Boneless Chicken (handi cut) ½ kg
- Cooking Oil 2 tbsp
- Ginger and Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Whole Red Chillies 10
- Tomatoes (sliced in rounds) 2
- Water ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- White Cumin 1 tsp
- Black Cumin 1 tsp
- Ground Coriander 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek 1 ½ tsp
- Chopped Green Coriander 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry Roast and Grind to Powder:
- Whole Cardamom 1
- Carom 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom 2-4
- Cloves 5
- Cinnamon Stick 1
- Heat oil in a pan and saute whole red chillies with ginger and garlic paste.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in all the spices and adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Add tomatoes and water and cook till oil separates.
- Sprinkle fenugreek leaves and chopped coriander and heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve with garlic naan and sliced onions.