So many people have seen white eyeliner in stores, but never bought it because they didn’t know how to use it. They assume that it isn’t used like normal cosmetic eyeliner because of its unconventional color. In reality, white eyeliner can be used in many interesting ways.
If you want to take advantage of this beautiful eyeliner, then you’ll benefit from these tips:
- Line your eyes like you normally would. Just like black, brown or grey eyeliners, you can use white eyeliner to highlight your eye on both the top and bottom lid. This does give a very noticeable cosmetic look though, so this is best left for the brave.
- For brighter, larger eyes, line just the bottom lid. When you’re doing your regular makeup look, even with black eyeliner on the top lid, add a bit of white to the inside of your lower lid. This will be barely noticeable and will give your eyes a bit of a pop.
- Layer eyeliners for an interesting effect. You can create a new look by first lining your eyes with thick white eyeliner and then going over it in a thinner, darker color, such as black or blue. This brightens your eye while still keeping your look relatively normal and safe for work.
- Change your white eyeliner to a different shade with eye shadow. All you do is dust a bit of a different, bright eye shadow color over your white eyeliner. Then brush your lid with a clean round brush. The shadow on the lid will lighten, but your old white eyeliner will now be tinted whatever color you added. This means you can have any color eyeliner as long as you have white and multiple shades of shadow.
- For added eye brightening and highlighting, apply white eyeliner to the inner corner of your eye. Lining the top and bottom lid from the inner corner of your eye out until about a half a centimeter will add some real punch to your eyes without changing your look too much. Your eyes will look brighter and you’ll seem more awake and ready to go.
With these techniques, you should be able to use white colored eyeliner like a pro. Not only will you get good makeup looks, but you’ll also have some neat ways to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
Choosing the Right White Eyeliner
Wondering what eyeliners are the best? With so much on the market, it can be hard to choose the right one. Follow these tips to get the best white liner available.
- Choose a retractable gel eyeliner. Not only will you forgo sharpening, this type of liner goes on easier and smoother than regular pencils or liquid eyeliner.
- Price doesn’t always matter. Although expensive brands have the notoriety, you can often find inexpensive liners that work just as well.
- Experiment with what you buy. It may take a few brands before you find the perfect white eyeliner for you.