Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
It is recommend to eat the apple cake warm with creme fraiche, or letting it cool and teaming with a good old cuppa.
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g porridge oats
- 115g butter, diced
- 115g caster sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml Oatly Enriched or Organic oat drink
- 2 Bramley apples (approx weight 500g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
- Grease a 20 cm spring-form cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and oats, add the butter and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Alternatively, put these ingredients into a food processor and whizz together. Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk the eggs and Oatly together then add to the dry ingredients and beat together to make a soft mixture.
- Spread half into the base of the tin.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice thinly and arrange over the cake mixture.
- Mix a tablespoon of sugar with the cinnamon and scatter two thirds over the apple, spoon the remaining cake mix over the apples and gently spread to cover.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with a the rest of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden.