Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 1 3/4 c margarine
- 6 eggs
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 c cocoa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 inch Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and margarine. Beat until light and
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Stir in
- our and cocoa.
- Spoon batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool upright in pan for 1 hour then remove and cool completely.
- Accurate oven temperature and baking time are essential.
- Since this cake has a soft lling, an ordinary \doneness” test does not work.
- Nut lovers can add 2 c chopped walnuts and increase baking time to 60 minutes