|Kairi Panha Recipe – Aam Panha – Summertime drink||
Recipe Type: Drink
‘Kairi Panhe’ or ‘Kairiche pahne’ is a maharashtrian name for this raw mango drink. Kairi means ‘raw mango’ in marathi language. ‘Aam(mango) Panna’ is a Hindi name for this drink. kairi raw green mango The hot summer makes you long for a cool satisfying drink. Instead of drinking some artificially flavored and sugar filled drink, try this raw mango drink – Kairi panha that will not only quench your thirst but also make you feel cool in the hot summer. It is a great refreshing drink. Mangoes are available in plenty only in the summer months and the raw mango drink can be made in March and April when the raw mangoes are available. You can make it into thick pulp and keep in the fridge and use it for a month or so. Raw mangoes are also used to make the finger licking good mango chutney and mango rice. After March and April, the mangoes ripen and you can make the ripe mango drinks such as mango milkshake or mango lassi.
- Raw mango Pulp – 1 cup.
- Jaggery or sugar – 3/4 to 1 Cup – Quantity will depend on the sourness of the mangoes and your sweet tooth.
- Saffron strands – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash the mangoes. Boil water in a pot.
- Put mangoes in that and boil till mangoes are soft. It will take about 10-15 minutes.You can pressure cook the mangoes.
- Let the mangoes cool. Remove the skin and the inner seed and keep the pulp.
- Blend the pulp well with the jaggery in the blender, a hand blender or you can mash it well with your hand.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron. The thick pulp is ready.
- You can prepare the thick pulp and keep it in the fridge.
- When you want to serve, add about ¼ glass pulp into a glass, top with cold water. Stir to mix well or you can use a hand blender or a mixer.
- Add ice cubes and serve.
- Jaggery tastes better, gives good color and is more nutritious than sugar. I usually prefer to use jaggery.
- You can add Rock salt / pepper powder or nutmeg powder for extra flavor and taste. This is not added in the original kairi panha recipe. But you can sure make your variations.
- I have seen people add green food color to aam panna but I really like the original color you get with raw mango and jaggery, so I never felt the need to use artificial color. You may try to use it if you wish.
WordPress Recipe Plugin and Microformatting by EasyRecipe