Recipe Type: Drink
The aromatic and flavorful Kashmiri Tea or Pink tea is famous for its unique taste.
- 6. teaspoon green tea leaves
- 15- seeds of green cardamom
- q.s soaked peeled almonds
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- q.s milk
- some fresh cream ( malai)
- pistachio , grounded
- 18cups water
- As per taste salt
- Pour water in a heavy-based large pan. Add tea leaves, salt, seeds of green cardamom
- Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer briskly for 15 minutes or until it reduces to 13 its quantity. add soda bicarb 1/2tsp and add ½ glass cold water .boil again . again put ½
- tsp. soda bicarb and ½ glass water and boil and simmer again add ¼ tsp. pink food color
- Remove from heat, strain and keep aside. Qahwa is ready .can be stored for a month in fridge
- Preparing Kashmiri Tea
- Boil the milk with ground cardamom and almonds, pistachio over low heat. Pour a little tea ,( prepared Qahwa) in the milk – 1or2 tsp. is sufficient for making a cup Bring to boil, add salt and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Flavor of the tea depends on the quality of the green tea leaves.
- Tips: kashmiri tea leaves are different from china or Peshawari tea leaves
- Toss water and tea leaves up and down briskly while making Qahwa