|Lahori Special Gajrella From Gawal Mandi||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Carrot shreds and rice cooked in with milk, khoya and green cardamom powder to create a delectable sweet dish.
- 1 kg desi carrots
- 1/2 kg basmati rice
- 2 ltr milk
- 1 kg sugar
- 1/2 kg khoya, sweet
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- For Garnish:
- 10 pcs silver wark
- 10 pcs gold wark
- 50 gm almonds, crushed
- 50 gm pistachios, crushed
- Grate the carrots. Soak rice in water. Now put water in a pot and cook soaked rice and carrots together.
- When the rice is cooked, then add milk and reduce it to half and then add sugar. Cook it for 10 minutes and then take it off the flame.
- When cold, add khoya and green cardamom powder. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Now make a mix of wheat flour and oil and add in for thickness.
- Serve with gold and silver wark on the top and with a almond, pistachio garnish.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
By Chef M Ikram in Foodistan on