Its easy enough to make excuses about why you have not had time to exercise, but what you should be doing is looking at all the reasons of working out, not against it.
Here are 5 great reasons to exercise.
1. Exercise creates a caloric deficit without triggering starvation mode. If you drop your calories too low in an effort to lose weight, you are at risk of losing muscle as well as fat and, as outlined above, less muscle ultimately means less fat burning. Its far better to have a moderate reduction in daily calories combined with regular exercise to effect fat loss.
2. Exercise helps you keep the weight off long term. Once you have lost the weight, donot stop exercising! The job is not done. By keeping the good dietary habits you have formed and exercising regularly you will be able to maintain your weight loss.
3. Exercise helps you manage stress. Regular exercise helps lower stress levels. Even though some days it feels like you are stressed to the max, if you make time for exercise you will feel so much more relaxed and energetic afterwards. Check out these 10 foods that reduce stress.
4. Exercise increase mobility and quality of life as you get older. Regular exercise and stretching helps with flexibility and balance, the old saying use it or lose it, really does apply.
5. Make new friends through exercise. Whether its joining a gym or taking a group fitness class, going to a pool or pounding the pavements, you are bound to meet new people and make new acquaintances, something we often are missing out on these days with long working hours and not enough leisure time.
How many more reasons do you need to make exercise part of your life?