Recipe Type: Entree
The addition of cranberry to this hearty entree makes it perfect for autumn. Cranberry juice and cranberry sauce make this brisket tender and tasty.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- whole-berry cranberry sauce 1 can (16 ounces)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- one large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, garlic and rosemary.
- Pour into a large roasting pan. Top with onion slices.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper; place fat side up in the pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with onion and pan juices.
This is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef. The meat comes from the first cut of the brisket