Skip to content
- 1-3/4 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1-3/4 tbsp black peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ajwain seeds
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 tsp dried mango powder [amchur]
- A pinch asafetida powder optional
- ½ tsp tartaric acid
- Dry roast all the ingredients in a non stick wok or skillet and heat gently.
- Continuously stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the spice are fragrant.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the salts and grind all the spices, while they are still a bit warm in a coffee grinder.
- Mix in the remaining ingredient and allow cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.