If you have a weakness for chocolate, you may be wondering is chocolate bad for your health. A simple answer to this question would be no.
Like everything else we consume, chocolate should also be consumed in moderation or else, chocolate, which is not bad for health, may actually end up being bad for your.
The reason why chocolate is not bad for your health is the health benefits it offers. Here are some of the health benefits that you can reap by eating chocolate:
- Chocolate smell causes a reaction in the brain that results in relaxation.
- It contains phenyl ethylamine, which is a mood elevator. So, eating chocolate can make you feel happy.
- The cocoa butter present in chocolate contains oleic acid, which is a mono-unsaturated fat, and this can help to increase the good cholesterol level in your blood.
- Chocolate contains flavanoids and these help in maintaining the elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Chocolate is responsible for increasing the antioxidant levels in the blood.
- Chocolate contains carbohydrates and these increase serotonin levels in the brain. This, in turn, bring about a sense of well being.
- Cacao beans from which chocolate is produced contains antibacterial compounds that help in fighting tooth decay. However, most milk chocolates also contain sugar which cut off the benefit of these antibacterial agents. But you can eat dark chocolate which contains higher amounts of cacao and lower amounts of sugar compared to other types of chocolate to reap these antibacterial properties.